Sftp client improvements

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Sat Mar 3 10:48:04 EST 2001

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Rachit Siamwalla wrote:

> Hmm, i wonder if it would be just better to integrate a full featured
> open FTP client in and plug it into an openssh backend / networking
> layer rather than the openssh team implementing it themselves.

The framework is in place.  There is a globing patch floating around and
when libedit is supported a lot of the complaints about sftp will
disappear.

I personally don't know if it's worth throwing it away just to try and
shoehorn an existing ftp client.  I think we are better off adding to the
current framework.

 - Ben