SecurID support in 2.9.9

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Mon Oct 1 13:23:43 EST 2001

On Thursday, September 27, 2001, at 04:44  PM, Dmitri Smirnov wrote:
> is anybody know what is happened with RSA SecurID support in 2.9.9? It
> was a
> part of 2.9 (auth-securid.c) but not in 2.9.9 anymore.

There was a SecurID.diff in some older openssh releases.  It is not
supported by the openssh team.  It was in contrib.  I am the
maintainer.  I have been unable to keep up with the openssh
development -- that is great in my opinion, it means forward progress!
I can only assume that this is why the SecurID.diff has been removed
from contrib -- I have no objections there.

Perhaps a SecurID.README could be added stating that the patches are not
part of the main distribution and are supported maintained elsewhere and
give the below URL.  That might be helpful to people -- then they can
complain to me about outdated version.  I am usually pretty responsive.

The SecurID support patches are made available (as they have been) on my
projects page:

http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/projects/

The patch against the latest release may follow a few days after its
release.

2.9.9p2 patch is there now :-)  Enjoy.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
1024D/82844984/95FD 30F1 489E 4613 F22E  491A 7E88 364C 8284 4984