OpenSSH 34p1 for AIX error. Please help

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Aug 8 05:35:43 EST 2002

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 10:50:59AM -0700, Wiese, Maria wrote:
> I'm trying to install open-ssh 34p1 on an Aix server, running 4.3.3..
> I compiled openssh 0.9.6d and zlib 1.1.4.  on the server , and also created
> the a bff pancake using the contrib/aix/buildbff.sh script.
> I can't start sshd either installing it as a package or without.
>
> When I tried to start sshd I received the following error:
> 0509-036 Cannot load program /.sshd because of the following errors:
> 0509-150 Dependent module /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.a/libcrypto.so) could not
> be loaded.
>  0509-152 Member libcrypto.so is not found in archive

This sounds very much like you compiled OpenSSL as shared library (which
is not recommended) or there was already a shlib-OpenSSL on your system,
which is now lacking on the target system.

I have no problems copying ssh/sshd binaries between AIX 4.2 and 4.3
machines (not using bff, but customer-customized tar archives), but I
take care to be sure I link the statically-compiled openssh libraries.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de