Tru64 patch won't make it into 3.5 due to lack of interest.

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Wed Aug 28 11:46:13 EST 2002

Tru64 patch will not make it into 3.5 (this is final) due to lack of
willing people to test.  I have given the Tru64/osf1 community almost a
month to test it.  And *ONE* person came forward to give me verification.

And don't give me shit about "I don't have time."  The person who tested
it was LEAVING his employer with Tru64.  He found time.

IT IS YOUR GAWD DAMN PLATFORM.  IF YOU DON'T CARE ENOUGH TO SUPPORT WHAT
YOU USE (OR DEVELOP) THEN YOU HAVE ONLY YOURSELF TO BLAME.

Sorry kids, if you don't care.  Nor do I.  I won't be doing any more work
for Tru64 platform.  I'd rather work with the AIX or Cygwin developers
since they care about their systems and are quick to respond and quick to
ensure their platform is solid.

When two more people give a damn about Tru64 and sends the results of a
regess/ on tru64 w/ privsep enabled with the last published patch.  I'll
include it for 3.6.

- Ben
I'm an asshole.  People have pointed it out, but I'm a useful asshole.