Patch: Solaris packages don't create privsep user or group

David Williams d_wllms at lanl.gov
Tue Jul 16 10:16:00 EST 2002

Ben Lindstrom wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, David Williams wrote:
>
> > Hey Ben,
> >       So when I submitted the build time option bit I was only following your
> > pattern of providing a commented out option with a value assigned that
> > is opposite to that set in sshd_conf.
> >

> <looking over the complete code again>  Oh boy.. this code has exceeded
> what I originally wrote. =)

You should see what I was adding to it!

> >       As far as the runtime option goes, should the runtime selection take
> > precedence over the sshd_config settings?   It's your baby, I'll write
> > it either way.
> >

> You know.. On second thought looking over the code no where else do we
> prompt the installer for such questions.  I think that if we set this
> precedence then we should prompt for ever other two items.
>
> Lets just leave it as a buildtime option.

OK, let me clean my patch up a bit more then.  As I was looking over the
code ;^) I noticed that with the buildtime option I can consolidate the
PrivSep stuff a bit for cleanliness sake.

--
David M. Williams, CISSP		Phone: 505-665-5021
Systems Engineer, CCN-2			Fax:   505-667-7428
Los Alamos National Laboratory		Email: d_wllms at lanl.gov