OpenSSH-3.1p1 Solaris build with /dev/random

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Wed Mar 13 21:18:38 EST 2002

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 09:50:35PM -0800, Paul Allen wrote:
> Frank Cusack wrote:
>
> Sun discontinued their web server with Solaris 8, so SUNWski
> disappeared.
> The one from the Solaris 7 media pack worked fine on all the Solaris 8
> boxes I tried it on.  These were mostly Ultra 5 and 10 machines.

Right, but only in 32-bit.  I found ANDIrand to be good.

I was under the impression that in Sol 8 02/02, there is again a SUNWski
package, now supporting 64-bit.  A doc on the matter (sunsolve 27606)
says to install SUNWski but that /dev/random will be back in Sol. 9.
The doc has a pointer to ANDIrand.

/fc