openssh-3.2.3p1: Problem with make install after configure --prefix=

Tim Rice tim at multitalents.net
Fri May 31 23:54:29 EST 2002

On Fri, 31 May 2002, Patrick McGleenon wrote:

> Hi
>
> I built openssh on solaris 2.6 after running
> configure --prefix=/my/install/dir --with-ssl-dir=/where/ssl/is
>
> Everything compiled Ok but there was a problem when doing make install, as
> ssh-rand-helper was looking in the wrong place for prng_command_file, so
> here is a patch for ssh-rand-helper.c.  You need to delete a space before
> the string.
>
> 63c63
> < # define SSH_PRNG_COMMAND_FILE   SSHDIR "/ssh_prng_cmds"
> ---
> >  # define SSH_PRNG_COMMAND_FILE   SSHDIR"/ssh_prng_cmds"

I think your compiler may be broken. It works fine here.
I just did a test build with --prefix=/var/tmp
OpenSSH has been configured with the following options:
                     User binaries: /var/tmp/bin
                   System binaries: /var/tmp/sbin
               Configuration files: /var/tmp/etc
tim at uw213 30% strings ssh-rand-helper.o | grep prng
ssh/prng_seed
ssh/prng_seed
/var/tmp/etc/ssh_prng_cmds

No extra space there.