SX-6 port of openssh, configure problems

Wendy Palm wendyp at cray.com
Sat Jan 11 07:58:31 EST 2003

ok, i could use a little advice here.

NEC SX6 has a couple of unusual configure problems.

configure figures out that it has b64_ntop function (and it may, but i can't find it)
so configure defines HAVE_B64_NTOP, but it doesn't have b64_pton, so then it
has an unresolved symbol of b64_pton() and fails to link.
if i #undef HAVE_B64_NTOP in config.h everything works fine.
do we need another flag of HAVE_B64_PTON, or how do i force an #undef?

configure also defines HAVE_INTXX_T based on whether int8_t && int16_t && int32_t
is defined in sys/types.h.  the SX6 has int32_t defined, but none of the others.
however, i don't think int8_t and int16_t are needed on this machine, as it builds and
works just fine when i hand edit config.h to define HAVE_INTXX_T.  so, currently, i'm
defining HAVE_INTXX_T in configure, but was wondering if that was the best thing to
do, or if i might be causing myself problems i hadn't really seen yet.

cray provides support to some SX sites, which is why i'm working on this, but if there's
a real NEC person on this list, that would be great.

thanks for the ear(s).

wendy

--
wendy palm
Cray OS Sustaining Engineering, Cray Inc.