bug in configure script openssh 3.7.1p2

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Thu Oct 2 21:53:28 EST 2003

David Legros wrote:
> I recently downloaded openssh 3.7.1p2 to install it on a Linux RedHat, and I noticed that it was
> linked with libcrypt.so.1
> It wasn't the case with previous versions, so I thought that was strange.

Since PAM is now a run-time option, all of the regular crypt() code is now
linked in even when configured --with-pam.

> So I checked the configure script and noticed this strange "esac" on :
> "configure" line 4021 of 17200 --23%-- col 2-9

"esac" is the opposite of "case" and it's supposed to be there.  It's from
this fragment of configure.ac:

        case `uname -r` in
                AC_DEFINE(BROKEN_CMSG_TYPE)
                ;;
        esac

That just defines BROKEN_CMSG_TYPE on Linux 1.x and 2.0 kernels, which is
required for privsep to work.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.