Buffer management bug-fix for 2.5.1p2

arun.mahajan at att.net arun.mahajan at att.net
Fri Oct 17 03:45:53 EST 2003

All,

I got the patch for this bug from the OPENSSH site and as
I was applying the same to my version of 'buffer.c' I noticed
that this patch, which was in Appendix-A (ver 3.6 and earlier)
was not directly applicable to my version of buffer.c, specifically
the lines of code that have changed for the function,
buffer_append_space().

For one, my version of this function has 3 arguements whereas the patch
is to the same function wihich only takes in 2 arguements. The patch-ed
lines are also different, i.e the patch applies to lines that may not
even exist in my version of this file.

In short, would someone point me to a patch that fixes this problem
for Version 2.5.1p2?

(I suppose I could still apply the patch but I do not know if there
are other implications....)

I would certainly prefer to upgrade to the latest OPENSSH version
but that will be inconvenient at this time.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you.

Sincerely,

    Arun Mahajan