Help on pam authentication with Openssh3.7.1p2

Darren J Moffat Darren.Moffat at Sun.COM
Fri Oct 24 10:40:15 EST 2003

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 mqing at csee.wvu.edu wrote:

> Hi all:
> I have recentely update to openssh3.7.1p2, the my pam authentication
> broken. I have followed the advice to modify my configuration file
> sshd_conf and set  UsePAM yes     PasswordAutentication no
>      ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes
>
> but it still doesn't work.I have modified pam.conf to this.

Please define "doesn't work"

Also which Solaris release is this and which patches do you have installed ?

> No any improve either. Do I need to use solarisLDAP instead of OpenLdap?

Does the same configuration of pam.conf "work for you" when telnet is used ?
[ ie do you have a PAM or LDAP problem or an OpenSSH problem ].

--
Darren J Moffat