question on assorted patches

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Fri Oct 31 07:29:49 EST 2003

The Alchemist wrote:
> One last question: if I apply both *pwexp24.patch and *hpux.patch, then
> whichever is applied last gets grouchy.  Some of the patches appear to
> be dups (patch suggests that -R may be appropriate anyway), so I'm not
> real concerned about them.

I'm not sure how much of the patches are dupes, but they touch the same
code, so conflicts are likely.  I recommend applying pwexp25 first, then
apply the HPUX patch be hand (it's fairly small).

> However patching configure completely fails
> in 625 places.  Would an autoreconf fix this?

Yes, you may safely delete configure and rebuild it with autoreconf.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.