OpenSSH-snap-20040212 and the use of krb5-config

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Thu Feb 19 00:54:47 EST 2004

Darren Tucker wrote:

> Douglas E. Engert wrote:
> > Attached is a modified version that will check for the gssapi.h
> > and try to look in two places. This is similiar to the way it worked
> > without the krb5-config. So it will work with or without an MIT fix
> > in the future.
>
> [snip patch]
>
> That's more-or-less a copy of the existing gssapi.h header test inside
> the "else" part of the "if krb5-config", right?  Would it make more
> sense to move the test outside of the "if" block rather than duplicate it?

More or less, but the new code uses
       CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS ${K5CFLAGS}/gssapi"
Which uses the output of the krb5-config --cflag i.e. -I/some/location/include
were as the original uses
       CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I${KRB5ROOT}/include/gssapi"
The $KRB5ROOT may not be the same location as the output of krb5-config.

The extra check is only executed if gssapi is not found in the expected place,
so when MIT fixes krb5-config so it finds the gssapi.h then the
extra check could be eliminated, and the tests could be combined.

> --
> Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
> GPG key 8FF4FA69 / D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4  37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69
>      Good judgement comes with experience. Unfortunately, the experience
> usually comes from bad judgement.

 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439