OpenSSH 3.9p1 - Solaris/SPARC

Slawomir Stanczak sws at sci.pam.szczecin.pl
Wed Sep 8 00:28:42 EST 2004

Hello,

I use OpenSSH version 3.8.1p1. It works very good.
I compile new version OpenSSH 3.9p1 but I get following
warning:

configure: WARNING: sys/ptms.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/ptms.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/ptms.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: sys/ptms.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: sys/ptms.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: sys/ptms.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the AC_PACKAGE_NAME lists.  ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------------ ##

and also following info:

WARNING: the operating system that you are using does not
appear to support either the getpeereid() API nor the
SO_PEERCRED getsockopt() option. These facilities are used to
enforce security checks to prevent unauthorised connections to
ssh-agent. Their absence increases the risk that a malicious
user can connect to your agent.

I use:

System Solaris 9/SPARC
gcc - 3.3.2
autoconf - 2.59
automake - 1.9

Is it bug in openssh, solaris, gcc or autoconf ?

Tanks for your help.

Slawek
--
Sławomir Stańczak		PAM/Szczecin/Poland