OpenSSH 3.9p1 - Solaris/SPARC

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Sep 8 06:58:33 EST 2004

Slawomir Stanczak wrote:
> I use OpenSSH version 3.8.1p1. It works very good.
> I compile new version OpenSSH 3.9p1 but I get following
> warning:
[snip autoconf and getpeereid warnings]
> Is it bug in openssh, solaris, gcc or autoconf ?

No, they're both warnings.

The first one is because the autoconf folks appear to be changing the
way the AC_CHECK_HEADERS macro work (and, to their credit, they're
providing sufficient warning).  This particular instance has already
been fixed in the development version.

The second one is also a warning about Solaris' lack of any way to
figure out who owns the process connecting to a Unix domain socket (at
least, any that we know about, if there *is* a way then we'd like to use
it).  The risk here is that if the perms on the agent socket get messed
up then a malicious user could trick your agent into authenticating a
connection for them.  This has always been the case on many platforms,
but the warning for such platforms is new.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.