forwarding stdin/out to remote socket

Igor Bukanov igor.bukanov at gmail.com
Tue May 3 00:09:00 EST 2005

On 5/2/05, Lucio Crusca wrote:
>I believe you are working around a lack of feature in sshd: sshd should
> be able to choose a free port and forward that port, but, as for now, it
> isn't.

I do not think so. What I would like to do is to replace the current
invocation (where hose is from
http://web.purplefrog.com/~thoth/netpipes/hose.html):

ssh remote_host hose localhost 5901 --netslave
by
ssh -oForwardStdInAndOut=localhost/5901 remote_host

In this way a process (hose) that simply copy megabytes of vnc traffic
would be eliminated decreasing latency. BTW, what would be a better
name then ForwardStdInAndOut ?

Regards, Igor