SSHD creates defunct process

Chidanand Gangur chidanand.gangur at gmail.com
Fri May 13 15:30:21 EST 2005

Hi Daimen Miller,

I accept your disguize, but I really thought this mailing list which
could help me to solve the problem.

The changes in SSHD code is only in one file  i.e session.c and that
too it is a very simple change. The changes is just setting an
envoirnment variable which is just an integer.
I am using child_set_env  function to achieve it.

The main problem is the behaviour changes on machine to machine. On
some machine i get error

PAM faulty module pam_test.so
PAM unable to dlopen pam_test.so
PAM unable to dlopen pam_deny.so

On some machine every thing goes fine end to end  and surprisingly all
the machines are standard RH 9 machines.

Am I missing out some configuration.
I havent changed standard sshd_config file.
I have tweaked  nsswitch.conf and /etc/pam.d/sshd file.

Thanks,
Chidanand

--
Chidanand Gangur