ssh-keyscan exits in mid-way

ponraj tryponraj at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 18:59:59 EST 2006

Hello All,

Im using OpenSSH 4.3p2 and tyring to scan a list of 40 machines in my
network with ssh-keyscan utility. I used the following command,

ssh-keyscan -t rsa -f hosts.txt

The man page says that this utility displays the host keys irrespective of
ssh or host is up/down and its working great. But in case if the scan
stops at 30th host due to some protocol problems, the utility exits and
don't display the host keys for remaining machines. I think this is an
expected behaviour, but it would be better to ignore that host continue
till the end or atleast this can be documented specifically in the man
page.

Any comments?

Thanks,
Ponraj M