patch to add built-in support for port knocking

Ryan Findley ryan at neomindstudio.com
Sun Jul 16 01:00:02 EST 2006

All,

A friend gave me access to an svn(+ssh) repository the other day, and
told me that I needed to do some port knocking to open up ssh. It
occurred to me that it would be extremely convenient if I could add a
"knock" configuration option for the host to my ~/.ssh/config file
and never think about this again (rather than creating a shell script
to accomplish this behavior, and remembering to use it for remote
access and svn activity).

After some pretty small changes to ssh.c and readconf.c, my dream is
now a reality.
Might I be able to convince the good people of OpenSSH to consider
adding my changes to CVS? If so, What do I have to do?

Thanks for your time,

-ryan findley