Incorporating code from sftp-glob.c into lftp

Peter Stuge stuge-openssh-unix-dev at cdy.org
Wed Nov 21 15:59:35 EST 2007

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 10:37:17AM -0600, warren smith wrote:
> LFTP is GPL licensed, and openssh is BSD licensed. Is it kosher to
> incorporate the code into lftp or should I start over from a clean
> room implementation?
>
> Any help is appreciated,

Thanks for asking!

The BSD license that applies to sftp-glob.c permits you to include
code in another product, GPL or other license, as long as certain
conditions are met. Please see the top of the file sftp-glob.c for
the full statement that gives you permission to use, copy modify and
distribute the software.

//Peter