spc restarts

Glenn Maynard glenn at zewt.org
Mon Feb 27 04:26:34 EST 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Mark Anderson <mark at nosredna.net> wrote:

> I could use rsync but only if that server was running
> on the other end, which is not as likely as sshd.

You don't actually need a server running, rsync just needs to be available
on the other host.  The client side of rsync will run rsync on the remote
end--that's all it's actually doing when it runs ssh (or rsh).

rsync defaults to ssh for me (not rsh), so I don't have to give it any
extra arguments.  I'm not sure if that's the default or a Debian patch.
(If it's not the default upstream, it should be.)

--
Glenn Maynard