Transferring file to local machine when SSHing into a foreign box

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue May 1 04:49:23 EST 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 18:39, Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> wrote:
> man ssh_config, search for ControlMaster.

Thank you Dag!

The ControlMaster option allows for the reuse of a session, but does
not provide any nice "cpLocal" command for easily moving files from
the remote machine to local (or vice versa).

Rereading my original post, I see that I did not explicitly state that
such an easy command was my goal. I often SSH into different machines
and many of those I cannot modify with aliases and such. However, a
facility for easily transferring files from / to these machines would
be very nice.

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen