Call for testing: OpenSSH-6.2

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Wed Mar 20 19:28:14 EST 2013

Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org> writes:

> On Fri, 15 Mar 2013, Philip Hands wrote:
>
>> Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org> writes:
>>
>> > So, did all the portability issues get sorted out here? AFAIK there was
>> > something to do with Solaris that was lingering...
>>
>> The current state is that the solaris branch still doesn't work because
>> the solaris version of getopt doesn't take options.
>>
>> There was a suggestion of detecting at the start of the script whether
>> one is on an ancient shell, and if so then exec ksh or some other better
>> shell to allow the script to work unmolested, but the it looks like I
>> need to use getopts rather than getopt too (as solaris getopt doesn't
>> like options).
>>
>> I was planning on getting a solaris VM image so that I can test this
>> stuff today.
>
> Thanks - making shell-script work on every horrid platform is an
> unrewarding and usually thankless task.

I'd fogotted quite how maddening Solaris is. ;-)

Solaris sh trap's failure to deal with '-' has decided me to go with the
test and exec ksh approach, but while I'm cherrypicking the stuff like
getopts replacement, and avoiding grep -q etc. from the solaris branch,
it would be nice if people with solaris could try to spot any remaining
breakage in this:

  http://git.hands.com/ssh-copy-id?p=ssh-copy-id.git;a=blob_plain;f=ssh-copy-id;hb=refs/heads/solaris

it's not greatly tested, bit it was working for some things.  The option
handling needs proper testing on lots of platforms (I'll be grabbing
that into the master branch later today).

Also, the just reverted "no IdentitiesOnly=yes" commit is needed for me
to test here, as I've not got OpenSSH installed on my Solaris VM, so I
cannot test the exact version I want to publish at present.

I'll do the cherrypicking later today, but here's something to go on with.

Cheers, Phil.