Call for testing: OpenSSH 6.8

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Mon Feb 23 20:28:51 AEDT 2015

Hi Damien,

On Feb 22 07:59, Damien Miller wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Feb 2015, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> > Building on 64 bit Cygwin works out of the box.  However, I have trouble
> > with the testsuite.  As usual, I'm building outside the source tree:
> >
> > - Building the testsuite fails:
> >
> >   Assembler messages:
> >   Fatal error: can't create regress/unittests/bitmap/tests.o: No such file or directory
> >   Makefile:152: recipe for target 'regress/unittests/bitmap/tests.o' failed
> >
> >   The testsuite apparently misses creating the regress/unittests/bitmap
> >   subdir prior to running the test.  Same for the "hostkeys" and "kex"
> >   subdirs.  If I create these dirs by hand, the build succeeds.  Some
> >   mkdir -p calls for these three dirs would probably help.
>
> Done - thanks.
>
> > - The failing last loop in the "forwarding" script as reported back
> >   during 6.7 testing is still failing for me more often than not.  It's
> >   always the same reason, the script tries to use in-use port numbers.
> >   Reducing the forwarding script to only this last test loop succeeds
> >   every time, but is quite a hack for testing.
>
> Is it colliding with itself or with other services running on your
> test host? (especially with ones windows starts itself)

It's colliding with itself, afaics.  It tries to use ports 3301/3302
again after it already used it in a former test in the script, and with
a high probability they are still taken.  The same ports are used for
earlier tests in the same script.  On the testmachine, only very few
ports are taken by Windows processes and only one of them (RDP, port
3389) in the range used by the tests.

Note that this is still the same as described in
http://lists.mindrot.org/pipermail/openssh-unix-dev/2014-August/032842.html

See also
http://lists.mindrot.org/pipermail/openssh-unix-dev/2014-August/032854.html

And this workaround still lets the test succeed:
http://lists.mindrot.org/pipermail/openssh-unix-dev/2014-August/032862.html

> > - Last but not least, all tests in hostkey-agent.sh fail and I don't
> >   understand what's the problem here.  I attached the log files for this
> >   problem to this mail.  Maybe you see what's going wrong?
>
> Did Roumen's config fix (applied to HEAD already) unbreak this?

Yes it did.

Thanks,
Corinna

--