[netflow-tools] ipfix sequence error problem.

Varun Sharma vsdssd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 18:51:03 EST 2014

Hi,

I am using Softflowd IPFIX supported version ( Revision
:80aac3b2fec3).I exported flows in IPFIX format to collector server (
NFDUMP 1.6.10 ) .
I've noticed sequence errors in nfcapd logs. Basically it means
somewhere flows are missing ( the number sequence errors ) for
whatever reason.
Whereas in case of netflow v5 or netflow v9 it’s work properly. Means
no sequence error in nfcapd logs.

After checking ipfix.c code I found that sequence number field of
ipfix header populates with wrong value.

According to RFC 5101 , IPFIX Sequence Number contains the total
number of IPFIX Data Records sent for the UDP Transport Session prior
to the receipt of this IPFIX Message, modulo 2^32.

But here sequence number field populates with total number of packet sent.

Do you have any patch that solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Varun