bug in scp (OpenSSH)

Kevin Steves stevesk at pobox.com
Sat Sep 8 05:43:32 EST 2001

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001 mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
:I would support the 'scp -o port user at site:/path -o port
:user at site2:/path'  patch.  However, not all scp's are created equal and
:this 'feature' will not work on the old SSH Corp 1.2.x scp due to lack of
:-o concept.  Same goes true for older OpenSSH releases.

valid point, i forgot that scp -o has not always been supported.  since
you can build the command youself to do third party transfers, i don't see
much need to spend effort on this.

:Changing the default to scp to quiet.. I may consider support, but I still
:see no use for such a patch because one should be checking the $? not the
:stdout.

since most scp's i do are interactive, i don't have a problem with it
being default, but i don't really care.  if you're using batch scp, just
specify -q.